- About the Position
Senior Software Engineer – AI & Robotics
- Recruitment Type
• Do you like to write code that makes robots move?
• Do you know both the C++ STL, as well as the best use of type annotations in Python?
• Do you have a clearly developed view on how great software should be designed?
If so, we would love to hear from you. Apply now to join our growing team of engineers and researchers at Sony AI Zurich.
About the position:
Sony AI is a cutting edge AI organization with the mission to “unleash human imagination and creativity with AI.” As our Senior Software Engineer, you will hold an important position within the business; leading, supporting and enabling progress on projects, while also teaching and educating your team with advances in Software Engineering, and shining a light on the best way forward.
- Roles and Responsibilities
• Design, implement, maintain and optimize software libraries and applications for Sony AI’s robotics and computer vision projects.
• Collaborate closely with other engineers and researchers, both in Zurich, as well as globally.
• Design and create specification of compute infrastructure, on site and in the cloud.
• Develop testing and CI/CD systems
• Implement proof of concept demonstrators.
• Travel to other Sony sites, and international conferences
- Required Qualifications and Skills
• Background in computer science or software engineering (BSc., MSc or PhD), or in a related field.
• A track record of designing and implementing working software.
• Expert knowledge of C++ and Python, as well as interfacing between the two
• Excellent oral and written English. German and/or Japanese language skills are a plus but not a necessity.
- Other Required Knowledge
• Physics simulation software or rigid body mechanics simulation
• Common robotics middleware (ROS, ROS2, ZeroMQ, etc.)
• GPGPU, FPGA, and / or embedded systems programming
• Real time operating systems
• Robotic systems or computer vision
• Optical, or camera technology
- Preferable major
Computer Science or Software Engineering
- Working Location